lundi 27 décembre 2010

some links for today

Every day for one hundred days (from October 30, 2008 to February 6, 2009) I picked a paint chip out of a bag and responded to it with a short writing. I have selected my favorite forty, titling each writing with the number of the day it was written (out of 100) and the name of the color from that day’s paint chip. This project was generated in Michael Bierut’s 100 Day Workshop at the Yale School of Art.
Les capacités verbales et spatiales sont les domaines clés du fonctionnement cérébral à travers lesquels ont été jusqu’ici étudiées les différences entre sexes. Dans cet article, j’avance l’hypothèse que deux dimensions négligées dans la compréhension de ces différences entre les sexes sont l’« empathisation » et la « systémisation ». Le cerveau masculin y est défini, de manière psychométrique, comme celui des individus chez lesquels la systémisation est, de manière significative, meilleure que l’empathisation. Tandis que le cerveau féminin est défini par le profil cognitif opposé. En se basant sur ces définitions, l’autisme peut être considéré comme une forme extrême du profil masculin normal. De plus en plus de données issues des recherches en psychologie confortent la théorie de l’autisme comme forme extrême du cerveau masculin
A vast subway system, extensive subterranean shopping arcades and miles of pedestrian tunnels make Tokyo's underground city a hotbed of human activity -- and a fertile source of mystery and intrigue. Here is a look at six of the most persistent rumors to emerge from beneath the city's streets.
In his games, Miyamoto has always tried to re-create his childhood wonderment, if not always the actual experiences that gave rise to it, since the experiences themselves may be harder to come by in a paved and partitioned world. “I can still recall the kind of sensation I had when I was in a small river, and I was searching with my hands beneath a rock, and something hit my finger, and I noticed it was a fish,” he told me one day. “That’s something that I just can’t express in words. It’s such an unusual situation. I wish that children nowadays could have similar experiences, but it’s not very easy.”