dimanche 12 décembre 2010

four short links

¶ Let's see this :Comic Locations on the Behance Network

A set of travel posters that advertise real and fictional locations of the Marvel, DC and Akira universe.

 

Comic Locations on the Behance Network.png

 

¶ Fast Company profiles Boing Boing : Inside the Wild, Wacky, Profitable World of Boing Boing and it's a very good and interersting story.

Inside the Wild  Wacky  Profitable World of Boing Boing   Fast Company.png

 

¶ I very much like the photographs of The Bridge Project: NYC by Jonathan Smith, and his other project Night and the City is wonderful.

3_57-washingtonbridge.jpg

(photo copyright : Jonathan Smith)

4_neg0006.jpg

(photo copyright : Jonathan Smith)

 

¶ Susan Orleans mull over the facts of life in The New Yorker

Sometimes I’m dazzled by how modern and fabulous we are, and how easy everything can be for us; that’s the gilded glow of technology, and I marvel at it all the time. And then my mom will call, and in the course of the conversation she’ll say something disjointed that disturbs me and reminds me of her frailty, and then she’ll mention that it’s snowing hard in Ohio and I’ll wonder how she’s going to get to the grocery store, and I look at my gadgets and gizmos, and I realize none of them will help me. If anything, they’ve filled me with the unreal idea that everything is possible; that virtual is actual; that you can delete things you don’t like; that you can find and have whatever it is you want whenever you want it; but instead I’m learning that the truest, immutable facts of life are a lot harder and slower and sometimes sadder, and always mystifying.